Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - F fith third bank, list of places not too bank!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old December 13th, 2009, 10:05 PM   #67
PavementPounder
I am the law.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyeBread View Post
why, why, why, why, why, why, why do business with a 'bank' instead of a credit union.

honestly. why?
  1. Because Credit Unions will not approve the shit I apply for (and successfully pay off) because they are not big enough to "assume the risk". Dort Federal and Tri-Pointe did in the past, but one became bitchy and they other got pussified. Dropped them both.
  2. I can't go to other states or fly a thousand miles to vacation destinations and find one of my credit union's ATM's while walking down the street. That's why I like both Bank of America and Chase. I also use USAA, Wells Fargo, and PayPal (Wachovia) - and I know how much you love PayPal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
1.) You should never deposit cash because their is no way to verify it. 2.) If you are dumb enough to deposit cash into your ATM it won't become available until it is recorded the following morning. So if you think you are going to bounce a check don't waste your time trying to cover it by depositing money into an ATM. That money will go to overdraft fees.
That is not true anymore (both statements) depending on who you bank with. A number of banks (to include BOA and Chase) already have scanning ATM's which identify your cash deposit and make it available immediately. They also make certain checks available immediately if they scan successfully and meet the character recognition requirements (especially if it is another BOA account that the check is drawn from). BOA's cut-off for ATM deposits is 8pm (posted in large font right on the machine) and I have covered myself a number of times after regular business hours when inadvertently fucking up my balance.

Do I rely on it? No. Has it worked? Yes.
PavementPounder is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05030 seconds with 20 queries