Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - My Mexico Fiesta Experience **WRC Update MARCH 5th **
View Single Post
Old December 7th, 2009, 09:42 AM   #23
Bones
skillicous

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Bones

I spent the past weekend in Guanajuato Mexico with Walker Evans and Jimmy Smith. They were down here for the MXRRA event. The race ended up being canceled about an hour before it was supposed to start due to a greedy govt, but we still did the pre-run, parade and party. Good times. I have to say Walker and Jimmy both impressed me as being down to earth racers who just happen to have hit the big time. Walker spent more time with all the kids than he did with adults, which is great to see. Both of them never turned anyone away or acted too busy for a picture and autograph. Both of them have ties to MI (Walker was born and raised outside Lansing and Jimmy because of his NASCAR/ Truck series sponsors).

All the land is owned by a small group of miners who hates the govt. They have opened it up to everyone to use, despite what the govt says they can use the land for.

Pre-run

Teams from Costa Rica and Venezuela

Walker and Jimmy with team Venezuela

drive up the mountain to the race

Walker driving the stroker

local TV interview. Ponce (speaking) is the event director and the person who invited me. He is a rally pilot who is trying to grow rock racing in Mexico

Walker commenting on how beautifull the land is and how they could use it better to grow motorsports

Jimmy talking

The race was canceled after the interviews, but most groups stayed and played around

Special Thanks and Recommendations to;
Motorcity Machines
Ironman Offroad
Branik Motorsports
Maxxis Tires

Raceline Wheels
PAC Racing Springs
Joint Clutch and Gear
Bones is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.11485 seconds with 20 queries