Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Quad repair.
Thread: Quad repair.
View Single Post
Old November 23rd, 2009, 07:04 PM   #1
JohnL
Go until it breaks.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to JohnL
Default Quad repair.

I've got a 2007 Honda Rancher 450. Last summer my little brother sank it in on a trail and ever since I have had problems with it starting or staying running.

Right after the incident I took it to the dealer I bought it from and they fixed it with a new plug , plug wire , cleaned the carb , replaced the fuel and replaced the carb float needle.

Well later on I go to take it out with my friends and it won't start. Took it back to the same dealership to have them look at it. Guy pulls it off my truck and after a few pulls he gets it to start. They have it for the day and calls and tells me the carb float needle is rusted and needs replacing..........again.

Went back a third time to have them diagnose another no start. Once again they said it was the float needle which pissed me off because it had only been like 6 weeks and had not been on anything but dry dirt and grass.

Ok that's the back story. Now it won't start again and it has not been rode in a couple months. So I'm looking for a new shop or someone who is credible and does it on the side. Do you work on quads or know anyone who does ? Let me know thanks.

Cliff notes : brothers an asshat , quad needs fixed , don't want to deal with the dealer again and looking for someone local with knowledge.

Thanks ,
John
JohnL is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06159 seconds with 20 queries