Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Stimulating! Ten New Congressional Districts in Michigan!
View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2009, 01:44 PM   #5
PeteC
Get Up and Go

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Interesting. Congressional District 00 seems to be a generic identifier for Federal agencies when projects somehow require assets from different states and such.

District 21, mentioned above, seems to be programs through Indian Affairs. Maybe this could be a designation for funds for projects outside the jurisdiction (legal not physical) of district 4.

I am no expert and I really don't have the time to go through every item. But I did take a quick look at a spread sheet of projects funded by the stimulus program and found quite a few items in question that may have simple, albiet bureaucratic explanaitions.

Start here: http://www.recovery.gov/Transparency...x?StateCode=MI

Then, go to the article the OP posted and where it says (see spreadsheet here), click on here and look at the spreadsheet for yourself. Sort it by congressional district and see just what these questionable districts represent. I am not claiming to know everything about this, but there is enough there to cause me to wonder what reasons there are for this type of record keeping. I do feel this is not as scarey as it is being made out to be. The information is there on what is being spent. We just need to know what these other "Congressional District" numbers represent.
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07321 seconds with 20 queries