Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - 1966 Chevrolet C-10 (TourMater)
View Single Post
Old November 16th, 2009, 08:41 AM   #46
ScOoTeR
hoo dat. wat.

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kargod View Post
The f-ed up motor you bought will end up being better than they had claimed in the end - and you know the work is done to your standards when you did it yourself.

The only way I would buy any performance motor is if it was apart when I went to look at it.

Think about how many of that 95% of this website that you quoted before have built motors...
That's what I get for trusting someone with good i-trader . It's totally my fault though - and you are 100% about me not taking the time to inspect it before the purchase.
In defense of the person I purchased it from - I think he bought it (like I did) not knowing about the external balancing issue - maybe when he found out about having to have it balanced, he just didn't have the time or inclination to do it.

You're also correct that it will be done right when I do it - but this seriously changes plans this winter - because I don't have the funds allotted for a for build on an engine (because everything will be gone through completely).
Looks like the 283 will get a refresh over the winter - at least new gaskets, seals, rings and timing chain (and a valve job).

Page generated in 0.06031 seconds with 20 queries