Little update: My final day of work at my former employer was Friday. I no longer make parts for Jeeps
. I recieved a call monday with a job offer for the position I interviewed for 3 times in the prior 3 weeks. I accepted that offer and will start working again monday. I'm happy to find an opportunity in today's job market. I was officially unemployed for 4hrs and 30 minutes
The build will continue now that I have the important bills covered.
Last weekend I worked on fixing my mistakes on the rear suspension. Turns out I hit my gas tank crossmember about 1" before full stuff in the rear with the standard 14B diff cover. That sucks because I have a ruffstuff cover that has to go on there. I pulled the suspension down and shortened the arms up about 1/2" and I took the grinder to the crossmember. It clears for now but I have to move my spring perches to be on center again at full bump for the bumpstops. I had to turn down my chevy bumpstops and modify my stock TJ front springs so that the bumpstops will fit in the springs and allow them to "sag out" when crossed up in the rear. I'm going to have to run a limit strap in the center to keep the driveshaft from binding when the rear unloads on both sides. I hope to get the rear bumpstops and springs back in today and have the rear suspension complete. I think I'm done going backwards for now. Hopefully I can make some headway today and thursday/friday.