Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - almost 2 million people are on MI Medicaid
View Single Post
Old November 7th, 2009, 07:18 PM   #26
ScOoTeR
hoo dat. wat.

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveller View Post
A Little late on your hope there Scoot. Ever think that maybe someones negative impression of medicaid and welfare comes from exp? How about a relative if mine that has been on medicaid only while going to school so he can get a job? Sound good right? But he been going to collage for 8 years and has yet to get an associates degree. But then again he is on hard times. Or how about an old friend who had his kids on MI child, sound ok because his employer didn't offer health care, right? So when I told him where I was working was hiring and had kick ass benefits his response, well I'll lose a dollar an hour and have to drive 15 min. farther to work and wouldn't even apply. Not saying everyone is like this, for example a co-work who was laid off shortly after I was who has a son with a similar disability as mine had to use medicaid and welfare while he was looking for work. This I had no problem with he was trying to get off the system but only use it as a last resort which it should be. Just maybe as you wish this things on people because you don't like their view, you should think that maybe some have that view because of what we have actually seen.
I don't doubt that many abuse the benefits - and that abuse needs to be identified and stricken.

Personally, I get a lot more mileage out of thinking the best of a situation instead of assuming the worst.

Page generated in 0.05589 seconds with 20 queries