Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Solo fall color run
View Single Post
Old October 25th, 2009, 11:51 PM   #1
bigwalton
Postal Scrambler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default Solo fall color run

Was hoping to get some Scrambler folks together for this, but ended up just my wife, daughter and I in the Postal.

I'd say peak color here was really earlier this week, this weekend would have been perfect except for that rain that blew through Thurs/Fri and took down a bunch of the leaves. Still plenty to see though and more excuse than I need to take a drive in the Postal ;)

Started out cutting across a back road on the way into town.

Took a back-back road to check out a house for sale. Cornfield ran all down the side of the road through the trees, it couldn't have been more perfect.

Went into town and hit the Dairy Queen (it's a walk-up store with outdoor seating, so they close up for the winter next Fri.) It's a rare late Oct. day here that Kate doesn't mind sitting outside to eat ice cream.

We headed to a local park for a hike out by one of the thousand lakes around here.

More back roads coming back from the hike (stopped in the vacant road):

If you didn't know this was in a Postal, you'd think the driver was being rather reckless taking pictures while driving (wife took it sitting in the passenger seat)

And here's the Postal picture I was looking to get the whole time. I have a similar picture of my old Contour SVT from a trip to TN that I've always loved:

This last one explains why I love fall and Michigan and don't miss the pine forest of central NC at all (moved here from NC):

Last edited by bigwalton; October 26th, 2009 at 12:33 AM.
bigwalton is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.10007 seconds with 20 queries