View Single Post
Old October 25th, 2009, 01:35 PM   #1
big_ol_bronco78
Psalm 40:2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default *DELETE, KEEPING* '79 f150, supercab longbox w/ rebuilt 460

Just got this in a trade this summer, love this truck, but miss having a four wheel drive. As title states, it's a 79 ranger xlt f150 extended cab(supercab) with rare factory option 460, it's a long box with dual tanks, both tanks work. 460 was rebuilt by previous owner, was told it only has around 3,000 on it, runs great, he said he put around $1500 into, has a brand new edelbrok 750 carb, edelbrock cam, heads milled some, i'm sure other work done to it. Trans came out of a truck with a 400 with around 50k on it, shifts like it has a shift kit but don't know for sure. Other new things are power steering pump and box, front shocks, and new exhaust with thrush muffler. I have new rear shocks, front coils springs, brake booster and master cylinder I'm goign to try and get on soon, but if not they go wtih truck. Has all lines for a/c but pump is off the engine right now but i'll include it. This truck is the most comfortable truck I've owned, tons of power, great power band and has a smooth ride. I have 235/75r15's on front and 31x10.5r15's on back, all in great shape. Has plastic bed liner in bed. Has some rust, bed is rougher than cab, but it's very clean underneath, still has factory paint. Only area that need some attention are cab corners, they should be done before they get worse. I have two other 2wd c6's that go with it (one has crack in bell housing but is for parts, the other i was told was fine, just needs part from the other one in tailshaft), also another power steering box(needs seals) and drive shaft, and maybe some other parts I have laying around. Only thing it needs really is that it leaks a little from rear main, nothing major, I haven't had to add any oil to engine. This is my daily driver now, as I said it's an awsome running and driving truck. I'd prefer to just trade for a 4x4, prefer a ford bronco, but cash talks too.

DELETE PLEASE, i'm keeping it.

Last edited by big_ol_bronco78; December 10th, 2009 at 12:10 PM.

Page generated in 0.05524 seconds with 11 queries