"Dirthead 509" TJ Project
View Single Post
October 24th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Join Date: 04-01-07
Location: Caledonia, MI
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Last night I made up my bump stop mounts and put them into place. I was able to get to 5" of uptravel at ride height so I'm pretty happy about that. I just started using a different welding helmet.......The HF model is officially retired to upside down or dirty duty. Unbelieveable how much more I can see through a decent helmet
I ground the weld out from around my fishplate from the beginning of this project and rewelded it. I feel alot better about it taking a load now vs. before.
FINALLY, pictures of the heep sitting on all 4's without assistance
I put the grill/rad/winch and stacked some other weight on the front to get a corner weight for the front. I went from 13.75" to 12" on 350lb springs which puts me at 612lbs per corner in the front. I can call and get upper springs on the way now. Feels good to finally see some progress..........
IR retarded, 14" springs are 12" tall with weight on the springs, 700lb/corner in the front
Last edited by feva4u; October 25th, 2009 at
View Public Profile
Send a private message to feva4u
Find More Posts by feva4u
Page generated in