Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Heads up to Michigan ORV Parks
View Single Post
Old October 15th, 2009, 02:43 PM   #31
clarkstoncracker
lol

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRhino View Post
The only way you can really clarify this entire topic is to take a trip to the next ORV Advisory meeting ( Nov 4th )and find out the "Real Deal". Make sure to take your blood pressure medication before you go though, those meetings will make your blood boil.
I agree that the meetings are annoying, but the thought of what was said in this thread is totally laughable, and can not be true in any gray area. The government DOES NOT have the right to come into private property and tell consumers that they need something that is designed for STATE LAND. Sure the government over steps their boundaries in gray zones, but NO DNR REP would ever say they have the power to go unto private property and issue any forms of citation for not having an ORV permit.

And wavemaker saying that there is a difference between private property and "a business". WTF, are businesses public property now?

Here I am sitting in my office of a BUSINESS which is private property. If the police came in and said they wanted to walk around (without just reason) I can, and would tell them to get the f' out of here. Not that it would ever happen (and the OCS are good people around here) but that is how ludicrous the claim is.

Page generated in 0.06758 seconds with 20 queries