Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - deffinition of tread lightly
View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2009, 10:12 PM   #9
fatboy21
Do it in the mud

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to fatboy21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hancho View Post
Do you know how the DEQ and DNR define a wetland? Wetlands are transitional areas where land and water meet. Whether water is slightly above or below the surface of the land, the single controlling feature that makes the difference when identifying whether or not an area is a wetland is the presence of water.
Land does not have to be wet all of the time in order to be defined as a wetland. In some cases, it will not be immediately obvious that a wetland exists. The presence of water will, however, cause a number of physical, chemical and biological characteristics to develop. These characteristics can be used to identify and locate wetlands. Catails are a good sign. Also did you notice how wet and nasty his land was, yet I never saw a single water truck...hhhmmmm, seems like wetlands to me, unless those were non-wetland catails and it was raining the whole time in the video but I just didn't see it

You got told
fatboy21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05816 seconds with 20 queries