View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2009, 10:04 PM   #7
High Center Hancho
rack tap re-rack click

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel2345 View Post
Yeah, Al has been hosting that bog for YEARS. Thats Linden Road that you're seeing. Me and a friend of mine were coming home from fishing when it was going on, I didnt like that he allows people to park on the shoulder of the road. The guys got a giant yard, he can afford to let people park on it if he's going to host this event. It is too busy to have a parking lot on the road.

but its not wetlands. Or, atleast there has never been standing water in the area.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak450r View Post
it's private property, and it's not wetlands. i know cuz i used to work for Al.

Do you know how the DEQ and DNR define a wetland? Wetlands are transitional areas where land and water meet. Whether water is slightly above or below the surface of the land, the single controlling feature that makes the difference when identifying whether or not an area is a wetland is the presence of water.
Land does not have to be wet all of the time in order to be defined as a wetland. In some cases, it will not be immediately obvious that a wetland exists. The presence of water will, however, cause a number of physical, chemical and biological characteristics to develop. These characteristics can be used to identify and locate wetlands. Catails are a good sign. Also did you notice how wet and nasty his land was, yet I never saw a single water truck...hhhmmmm, seems like wetlands to me, unless those were non-wetland catails and it was raining the whole time in the video but I just didn't see it
High Center Hancho is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04048 seconds with 11 queries