Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Ads
Thread: Ads
View Single Post
Old September 30th, 2009, 01:37 PM   #28
Fuel Fire Desire
Mall Crawler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
You get burned out. If I would have had to put the same effort into this site that I did the first two years, I don't think I would still run it. You guys have no idea how much time goes into a site, especially when things go bad like hardware/software.

I get about 100 pms/emails a week about passwords not working, ip zones banned, people can't change emails, or they have a problem with a post on the site. It's quite the burden.
SF delegated most of those problem emails/ PM's to the team of moderators, who each had a limited set of tools to help resolve them. My tasks were with the video section and vBulletin. It really seemed to help them out in the beginning when it was just them. But as time wore on, they hired actual programmers to take over.

They were really overwhelmed when the site took off. But they were just bastards on how they handled everything in the end. They blamed the sites problems on the users, deliberately hid buttons that lead to popular sections to lower server load, and watermarked/ added commercials to all the video's we had uploaded to their server.
Fuel Fire Desire is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07615 seconds with 20 queries