Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Ads
Thread: Ads
View Single Post
Old September 30th, 2009, 12:20 PM   #24
Fuel Fire Desire
Mall Crawler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
If you remember, MJ which you guys were comparing these ads to was generating over $700 a month income, and he was begging people to sign up for a $45 yearly subscription.
There is a big difference in websites between those running them for the profit, and running them for the love of the subject item. Believe me, if $$$ was the reason for this site, about 7 months ago Monkeyevil and I would have cashed out, and this site would be covered with ads. We turned down a pretty nice purchase offer.
Thank you!

I used to be a moderator for streetfire. I was with them from just about the beginning. About two years ago the admin up and disappeared. We used to have weekly conference calls and constant web communication. They just stopped talking to us (moderators). None of our questions were answered, and site bugs went unfixed. The site soon became almost unusable. They then sold the website to some ad company, and now its 80% ads, 15% junk content, and 5% good substance.

"I would rather be a little strapped for cash than to pollute the site with intrusive ads." -StreetFire founder, 2005.

He now lives on the beach in orange county CA with a new nissan GT-R and BMW M3 in his driveway. Hope he enjoys it. Sellout.

Ironically, SF used to be very similar to GL4X4. A small forum based site with a tight knit community. The founders had the same mentality that CC does now. But unfortunately it only took them 4 years to give that all up for a nice fat paycheck. Dont be like SF CC!
Fuel Fire Desire is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06801 seconds with 20 queries