Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - My Yj; V8, 700R4, D44, D60, H1's, 37's and OBA
View Single Post
Old September 27th, 2009, 12:01 PM   #144
81 inches of fun
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jeepfreak81 Send a message via MSN to jeepfreak81 Send a message via Yahoo to jeepfreak81

Originally Posted by Jeepaholic View Post
So how much dust has collected on this? 1/4"
Probably the same as all yours.

Originally Posted by pistol pete View Post
i have a turbo 350 in mine never had a torque converter cover, or the torque bars, i beat on it pretty good and never cracked the housing (its been in there over 7 years,and 13 trips to the badlands and counting) did you have a rubber trans mount? i seen a guy hard mount his to the cross member and watched the trans housing shatter first time out.
I agree with you, I did have rubber mount, but it is very coincidental that this happened just a day or two after installing the SYE.

Originally Posted by Mclovin View Post
shit, you're one to talk

Originally Posted by fatboy21 View Post
My dad cracked his bell in his race car and got a Ultrabell. Shits like half inche aluminium. Strong as hell
Ultra Bells last I checked were not readily available for the 700R4, they could make me one but it would have been double the price of a TH350 one, and double the price of having someone swap the case for me.

I would work on this more, but with the flatty I really have not had a reason to, that and funds have been short. I'll finish it, I am just not in a hurry to do so.

At least I still have a wheelable rig
jeepfreak81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Page generated in 0.08994 seconds with 21 queries