View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2006, 09:52 PM   #1
akozman
Chrome Trucker Chicks Rul

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Talking round 2 - 2nd set of 1 tons in my Jeep, more beef!!!

Well it's been 5 years since I got my jeep (and about 1.5 years since I've been online with any consistency) and I finally was able to save my pennies to put some D60's in. The entire month of June I spent everynight and weekend at my bro's shop (Koz Off Road) working on my Jeep right up until we left for the 4th of July @ Silver Lake....it should've been the month of May but my old truck didn't sell soon enough to get it done for Memorial weekend in Harlan.....good thing, read on.

I went with Currie Aluminum Rock Jocks, 5.13 gears on 39.5 TSLs....THANKS TO THE MUD CHUGGERS THAT PUT ON SNOW BLIND FOR THE $600 GIFT CERTIFICATE TO DISCOUNT TIRE!!!!! Also gotta put in props for Great Lakes Off Road, I won a set of his beadlocks down in Harlan, KY on Memorial weekend, that's a lot flippin bolts to put in them!!!!! The rear has a spool 35 spline, blah blah, and the front has an Eaton E-locker which is way awesome. On the front end we used Ford Superduty knuckles, hubs & brakes all 35 spline shafts with Rock & Roll Off Road full time plates (awesome chrome trucker chicks). All the control arms (upper & lower) are a 7000+ series solid Aluminum drilled & tapped, the rear is a triangulated 4-link and the front I went with a conventional 5 link (w/ track bar). Stretched the wheel base a little to 98" by pushing the rear axle back, relocating the upper coil towers and a new Aluminum Fuel Cell, the fuel cell allowed the stretch without putting it in the back (I like my back seat for my pooch). We also were able to make a 100% flat skid plate so I have some incredible ground clearance compared to before. Also set it up so the front control arms are plenty long that I can get a few inches more wheel base some day when I go to full-hydro steering.

Now it's time for some good wheeling tirps, badlands, kentucky, canada....

Last edited by akozman; March 24th, 2012 at 08:58 PM.
akozman is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05072 seconds with 11 queries