Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - lets talk Ford trucks
View Single Post
Old September 16th, 2009, 11:22 PM   #28
ArcticCat843

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to ArcticCat843

I had a 08 1500 with a hemi and i think it pulled good. Honestly i drove every half ton truck before i bought it and i think it had the most power. f150s are gutless and the chevys werent bad and had a awesome interior but i didnt think it had the power the hemi did.

I towed my cherokee which when you figure how much heavier it is than your s-10 thing it pretty much makes up for the quads in the difference. I know it made a HUGE difference on how i loaded it. It would tow like crap unless I got the tongue weight just right. I never had one problem with the power it had. It did get bad mileage towing (maybe 10-13) but it was alot of weight for a half ton. It got over 20mpg emtpy and rode awesome. I really liked it and if i was never planing on towing more than one rig i would have kept it. But we bought a gooseneck and i want a truck that can pull that with 2 rigs. Plus deisel is just the way to go now days. You can get awesome mileage with the right tune, they run forever, and they tow anything you can hook to them. My next truck will be a diesel....Probably a 02ish super duty, not that i have anything against the d-max or cummins but you can buy a ford ALOT cheaper. you can get a nice truck for under 15 grand.
ArcticCat843 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07408 seconds with 20 queries