Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - lets talk Ford trucks
View Single Post
Old September 16th, 2009, 09:29 AM   #24
nickb304

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

your in the same boat i am, but i think my hemi pulls pretty darn good. You would probably be happier with and 06+ because they changed the trans programming to shift better in tow haul and you can lock it in third gear where it really stays where all the power is. But thats beside the point. I would like to get a big low deck hight goose neck that i could haul two jeeps on or whatever else i may want. I think im ok power wise because my hemi pulls just as good as my girlfriends 3/4ton v-10 dodge, but I lowered her 4500# curb weight gooseneck 3horse trailer with tack into the back of my truck and It about put my bumper on the ground. I like the superdutys but i have been in f-150s with the 5.4l and think its a turd, would not even consider it in a bigger truck. v-10 fords and the big chevy motor sound like they pull good but your going to pay in gas mileage. why not a 07 or few year older diesel befor they put all the emmisions garbage on them? thats the only thing thats going to do what you want and get the mileage you want. and you can get one cheaper than a new 3/4ton gasser if you are considering one of those.

Last edited by nickb304; September 16th, 2009 at 09:33 AM.
nickb304 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07309 seconds with 20 queries