Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Anyone running a Lq4 or lq9 in thier jeep?
View Single Post
Old September 11th, 2009, 08:32 PM   #134
somer1
You Get the Big One

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

So what do you think about the radiators that AA or Novak Conversions offer for the swap, worth it ?, and will it be able to keep it cool at the dunes? I have yet to go to the dunes with the acception of realy cold days and not have over heating be an issue be it tranny or motor in any of the vehicles running a V8. The only one of my freinds who haven't had any cooling issues runs dual aluminum radiators with fans in the back of his truggy but that is obviosly not pratical in a streetable jeep that needs it back seat for the little ones. Also I noticed that AA offers a copper radiator for the swap at a pretty good savings over the aluminum one. I do'nt mean to babble or ask stupid questions, I just would like to get the right stuff the first time. Well I was home from work last week (I work out of town) I tried to get my jeep running agian as it hasn't run since I was at the dunes in the first part of August, I soon became frustrated at chasing stupid problems and have decided to just rip the hole drive train out and just freakin do it already. I hate the fact that it will be torn apart but its a must at this point. this by no means will be a weekend project as I'm not home at all anymore so I have time to make sure that I get everthing I need. For a motor I've decided on an lq9 with a 4l65e hooked to my 231 cHD with a terraflex super short slip yoke eliminator. everthing should bolt up with some what ease. I hope.
somer1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05452 seconds with 20 queries