Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Anyone running a Lq4 or lq9 in thier jeep?
View Single Post
Old September 1st, 2009, 06:10 AM   #122
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by somer1 View Post
I've heard that they can be really touchy over bumps, plus I've heard nightmares of not getting the pedal that came with the engine and it not working. Opinions?
Well, I was leery of it at first. Yes, I had the problem of getting the wrong model year parts. But, since I bought it from Schramm's, they guaranteed it. So, since they had pulled the pedal assembly from the wrong vehicle, they actually bought me a brand new one. At that point, it literally becomes plug & play. I also bought a complete spare from a junk yard for something like $50. That included the pedal, wiring harness and black box. But for you, just make sure you have the same donor vehicle.

My guess is that it's easier than rigging up some aftermarket system.

No Jesus , I haven't had problems with water yet as I'm not a fan of driving in water deep enough to sink my ankles. If I go that deep, I have my complete fuse box, I'm only inches from my CB radio and a variety of other things. It would be different if I was building a swamp buggy.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06563 seconds with 20 queries