Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - What is an asshole?
View Single Post
Old August 31st, 2009, 10:31 PM   #124
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Hall. Call Me 248.388.8372 View Post
What would you like to see happen to this country Bruce?
The first thing I'd like to see is both these wars brought to a sensible conclusion. The Gitmo prison had to close because it because to much of a symbol to be used against us.
Next, lets take a good look at the status of our economy and come up with a plan that will promote long term growth and get the government away from running and over regulating businesses. You are correct that most of the jobs that went overseas are never coming back. Rather than trying to get them back what we should be doing is looking forward at what the next big thing will be. Whether you believe in global warming or not, much of the world does, so right now the big thing is "green technology" so I think that is where the new jobs of the next decade or 2 will be. We should be doing all we can to develop that technology and the means to produce it here. Somewhere in all this e need to figure out how to balance the budget. We can't keep going further and further into debt.

The "greedy CEO's" were put in place by "greedy stockholders" who focused to much on the profits in the current quarter rather than on long term growth. I'm not sure what can be done about that that wouldn't interfere with a company's way of doing business. I do think we should probably review our taxes and tariff's to see if they still make sense. I get the feeling that they have not kept up with the times. It seems to me that every time I call for tech support and end up talking to someone outside of the USA that it should be considered an import. I'm not sure if it does.

Yes, the borders should be made more secure. But first I think we should crack down on the people and companies that are hireing the illegals. If there coming for job, then if you get rid of the jobs they'll quit coming. And yes, we also need to review our legal immigration policy. It should be geared to what is best for the country as a whole. I don't think it is.

As for health care I'd like to see some changes that lower the cost for everyone and make it more available to more people, regardless of where they work. But I agree with Duffman that we don't seem to have even decided exactly what the problems are and how they got that way. Before you can fix something you have to figure why it's broken.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 1.67787 seconds with 20 queries