Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - what age?
Thread: what age?
View Single Post
Old August 24th, 2009, 10:07 PM   #10
mideerslayer
NEVER GIVE UP!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8archer View Post

To be honest with you, it is not only my opinion but many of the top level coaches all agree, that young kids should be started out on a smaller recurve bow, shooting fingers. This will teach them better eticate and form then jumpin right into a compound with a release. This is also a way to find out if the kid is interested without spending a few hundred for something that is going to last them. Recurves have no draw length per say so it will fit them, as oposded to the cheap compounds that dont have any adjustment. A recurve also builds muscles faster. You can get a nice recurve for youth for under 100 bucks.

If the kid wants to shoot let them! Its a great sport and it gets the away from the video games!

If you do some research and have some questions, send me a PM, I have been shooting for 17 years, 15 years competitivly, I love to help people get into archery.

This is the best advice I have ever seen on here.

I started shooting when I was 12 and have never looked back. even though I am supposed to give it up because of a injury, I will still fling a arrow here and there.

Archery is a great sport not just for hunting but shooting paper.

It is a year round sport indoors and out.

Not sure where you are from but if even need help or advise I would willing to help in anyway i can

Rich
mideerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07787 seconds with 20 queries