View Single Post
Old July 11th, 2006, 08:11 AM   #1
83K5fullsize
Drew

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default Header question - full size

Recently had an issue with a header & need to replace the set. The headers I need to replace were on the small block in my 83 K5 Blazer when I purchased it. No idea of what brand they are & no stamps are visable. Picked up a set of Flowtech (Holly) headers for a blazer & installed the passenger side. The flang on the rear of the header ends up just in front of but extreamly close to the shackel which is rotated rearword as it sits. I'm concerned that with any suspension flex the shackel or shackel nut/bolt may get cought & bind on the header as it rotates forward.

I'm guessing many of you out there are running headers on a full size blazer or pick up. If so, what brand & has this clearence/interferance issue ever been a problem ? Do your headers come very close to the shackel - shackel nut/bolt?

The old set of headers did not hang down as low or go back as far so it was only the pipe that went buy the shackel & there was no interferance. No one at the local performance shop I use seems to know what brand the old headers are. Took a look for a set for a car & they are even longer.

Any thoughts or suggestions ?
83K5fullsize is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05602 seconds with 11 queries