Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Discuss
Thread: Discuss
View Single Post
Old July 10th, 2006, 11:01 PM   #13
Your Message Here
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I have lots of problem with novice pilots being able to hit those targets.
Two of the four didn't.

The Pentagon was a near-miss (albeit still causing a lot of damage as a large, fully-fueled aircraft would). The one down in PA was definitely a "miss".

And, a hit on the lower floors of the WTC would've drastically increased the death toll. So, although those were "hits", they could've been much worse.

I saw (literally) an A-7 hit a Ramada Inn in Indianapolis - went right through the front door / lobby and stopped when it hit the elevator / stairway core of the building. All of the escape paths were blocked, and flames started working their way up. Technically, it was a "perfect hit". Fortunately, the hotel's occupancy was low and the FD was there quickly (already alerted by the pilot calling for help and parachuting down a mile or so away). That same type of hit on the WTC would've been much, much more deadly - even if it didn't bring the towers down (not that I think they anticipated that in their planning).
This is the Pub. Leave common sense at the door.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Page generated in 0.06651 seconds with 21 queries