Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Discuss
Thread: Discuss
View Single Post
Old July 10th, 2006, 11:01 PM   #13
DuffMan
Your Message Here

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
I have lots of problem with novice pilots being able to hit those targets.
Two of the four didn't.

The Pentagon was a near-miss (albeit still causing a lot of damage as a large, fully-fueled aircraft would). The one down in PA was definitely a "miss".

And, a hit on the lower floors of the WTC would've drastically increased the death toll. So, although those were "hits", they could've been much worse.

I saw (literally) an A-7 hit a Ramada Inn in Indianapolis - went right through the front door / lobby and stopped when it hit the elevator / stairway core of the building. All of the escape paths were blocked, and flames started working their way up. Technically, it was a "perfect hit". Fortunately, the hotel's occupancy was low and the FD was there quickly (already alerted by the pilot calling for help and parachuting down a mile or so away). That same type of hit on the WTC would've been much, much more deadly - even if it didn't bring the towers down (not that I think they anticipated that in their planning).

Page generated in 0.05415 seconds with 20 queries