Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Had to sell my RZR...
View Single Post
Old August 17th, 2009, 10:05 PM   #27
04PSD
aka Langford

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

There are quite a few differences between the two. The S has the 800 h.o. motor as where the standard rzr has the regular 800 (only a few hp difference, but every little bit helps) and an improved header that flows much better than the regular one. It also has a 5" over long travel suspension, fox remote resivoir coilover shocks, 26" maxxis bighorn tires, nicer wheels, a better roll cage that ties to the frame behind the bed, no clutch spacer (speed limiter), silver plastics instead of the red or green available on the regular model, wide fender flares, two-tone seats, red and black graphics (that I pulled off shortly after I got it home) and a few other things that I'm sure I'm forgetting.

Basically, Polaris saw that a lot of people were modifying their rzrs with aftermarket parts to have a better suspension with more travel, a wider stance, and adjustable shocks, so they made the S to target that market. It is over 60" wide, so it's not legal on some state trails like the standard 50" wide rzr....but really, it was made for the dunes and wide open trails where you can really use the higher top speed and suspension travel. I can float over the whoops on the dunes doing 60+ mph now, as where the old rzr would try to buck you out if you went over 10mph.

Last edited by 04PSD; August 17th, 2009 at 10:49 PM.
04PSD is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05589 seconds with 20 queries