Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - rig haulin question
View Single Post
Old August 13th, 2009, 11:26 PM   #41
boggin-machine

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yota Bill View Post
a tire doesnt travel nearly as far as a trail rigs suspension, or even a street vehicles suspension, not to mention the fact that, regardless of the air presure in the tire, it is already at its lowest point due to the weight of the machine or vehicle that its on, where as a suspension system is somewhere near the middle of its total travel..again, trying to compress the suspension is almost impossible, and if you did get it fully compressed, it would be hard on the parts to leave it that way for an extended period of time....and your statement that straps always loosen up is just plain wrong.

boggin machine, you should always make sure chains are straight before loading them, that twist puts alot of extra strain on the links and can easily cause them to break...I'd bet that is one of the biggest reasons for chain failures.
ya i do bill.

most people do not though as they dont like to do things proper. i perfer straps to haul toys and chains to haul equipment and heavy objects.
boggin-machine is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05757 seconds with 20 queries