Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Silver Lake State Park...Noobie Question.
View Single Post
Old August 13th, 2009, 05:34 PM   #1
Hiker1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default Silver Lake State Park...Noobie Question.

First post. Be nice.

Last weekend friends of ours invited our family out to Silver Lake State Park. One friend had a modified Jeep and another had a two-seat dune buggy. We all had a great time. The only inconvenience was having to take trips back and forth from the pit area to get picnic supplies and such.

That weekend we just happened to purchase an '06 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4. We've been invited back again with the same group for Labor Day weekend. It would be nice to get the family and the gear out to the beach for some tailgating...in one trip.

The problem and the question. The dealership put on a brand new set of all season radials. Great for the street. I am not sure if the sand and the street tires are going to be compatible enough to get us out to the beach. I've seen all sorts of vehicles out on the sand, but I am not going to be thrashing the dunes in the new 4Runner without some new tires/wheels and a lot more experience.

Is there a "safe and easy" route out to the beach or should I just wait until I get some new tires/wheels?
Hiker1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06234 seconds with 20 queries