View Single Post
Old August 9th, 2009, 10:28 AM   #103
Tab

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I needed to finally put some finish detsils on my Jeep, mostly body stuff. I made up some flatfenders out of 1.5 tube and cut the flat stuff with my cnc plasma. I didn't want a flair so I ran the tube down the hood line for a foot or so.

I also made a new set of rocker guards as my old ones were a temporary fix for a trip (last year) I also added a step and got the chance to use my dimple dies.

I was able to snag the very first set of rear corner blanks from Adam at Unlimited and after I cut the wheelwells and the hole for the led's they mounted up easily and fit great.

So after having all that new metal and a body that has been abused for years I decided to just paint the whole thing. I think it turned out pretty good for my first paint job. I have a few spots I'm not thrilled with but for a trail jeep it looks good. Plus it all matches and all the old scratches are gone. I had to self etch prime the new stuff and scuff the factory paint with some help from Hillbillydelux and my wife.

Then there was a day of masking that my wife and I did and we shot it last sunday morning.

After 3 coats and a day or so to dry and put all the crap back on it was done in time for our silver lake trip.

Tab is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04704 seconds with 11 queries