Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - 6.0 powerstroke's what to look out for?
View Single Post
Old August 7th, 2009, 09:25 AM   #14
Skooter_Built
Fuck talk, Duck walk!

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
buy the 6.0l, do EGR delete and put headstuds on it and it will be damn near reliable as a 7.3L with more power.
The number of TSBs honestly doesn't mean shit. Ford always promotes TSBs, the same way they tend to promotebeing in the media. They don't see it is as a negative. Some of the TSBs I have been involved in are rediculous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin Dirty View Post
I wouldn't disagree with that. I have been told quite a few times that I should do the EGR delete. It does seem like quite a few problems I have had originated with the EGR. I have had to have it replaced twice now, the first time it took out the head gaskets and one of the heads. They said they put the good head studs in when the did them. This time when the EGR cooler went, the heads were fine.
yep, installing headstuds and doing an EGR delete will save a "good 6.0" You can always run an Oasis report on the 6.0 to see what its history is. I love my 02 Super Duty with the 7.3. There is more power potential out of the 6.0 once you have taken care of the headstuds and EGR shit. If you dont do these 2 things, when you blow a head gasket from streched head bolts you have to remove the cab off the truck to repair things, there is little to no room in the engine bay.

If you want peace, prepare for war!

Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting.
Skooter_Built is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05890 seconds with 20 queries