Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Cash for clunkers = Obama has access to your complete computer
View Single Post
Old August 4th, 2009, 03:19 PM   #14
PeteC
Get Up and Go

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Wow, Glenn Beck said so?

From what little I have heard, this involves the part of the website that dealers go to when registering themselves and cars for the program. It is not accessible by the public.

Can't seem to get to the site right now, but I have been on it before. It is green in the first place, at least the consumer portion.
I have navigated all over the site and not once have I seen an acceptance of terms agreement.

But go ahead an believe whatever Beck tells you, I will wait until there is more proof. Heck, for such a big story, you would think he might have been able to manage a screen shot of what he saw with the full url so we can all see where he was at.

But no, he said, you believe. Without the benefit of anything else to back it up.

And no CC, I still believe in individual privacy, including our own personal computers.

edit: Ahhh, more comes to light. Supposedly (unconfirmed by me as of yet) what Beck showed was from the website esc.gov
Enetprise Services Center
Only accesible by dealers already registered.

OK, I can see the dealer pages in blue that Beck showed. I have not found an agreement yet as I can not log in as a dealer. It talks about registration letters sent to dealers identified by the OEM. As of right now I am not on the exc.gov page, but upon registration, maybe you are sent there. I ave no way to verify this.

I even signed up for updates. Just asked for e-mail. No agreement page.

Last edited by PeteC; August 4th, 2009 at 03:30 PM.
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04988 seconds with 20 queries