View Single Post
Old August 3rd, 2009, 08:33 PM   #9
ScOoTeR
GLFWDA Member #07520

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPWOP View Post
My intentions are NOT to bring the riding age for dirt bikes down but rather to indicate how ONE SIDED this ATV and Dirtbike law is. It OK for one youth group to ride the trails, but not the OTHER? Complete BS IMO!

Scooter,
Talk all you want about the CCC's 40 years in Michigan,however, with this being almost 2010, we should ALSO be discussing the last 10 years of preferential treatment for the cyclist group, when in fact,for the last ten years, there are FAR more ATV dollars in the ORV kitty than there is cyclist dollars. Talk all you want about how long the CCC has been around, but fair game should also be concidered by who's really got the most $$ invested in Michigans ORV trail system and who gets the least attentiveness from the MDNR. You know the old saying? Money talks and BS walk's!

You think that I dont give your precious little CCC the love that you think they deserve. Well, let me say this much, up until just a few years ago, I too was a CCC member. I quit after I overheard a past Board member of the CCC threaten to pull its entire trail maintenace group out of maintaining trails IF the DNR gave up any trail maintenance miles to a ATV club. I overheard this myself at a past ORV Board meeting and about fell out of my shoe's.

It pisses me off to no end when I ride a ATV trail that was given to a cyclist grant sponsor for maintenance,and then im smacked in the face with tree branches. Than I find out that this cyclist group raked in about 260k for trail maintenance.

Slinging mud and not taking a lead?

If the shoe fits--wear it!
I have made it clear in past posts that I am happy with the work the CCC does to keep trails open for me. I do not have the time to commit, so I pay them handsomely to keep up the good work. Besides, I'm not the one that keeps bitching about how much better motorcyclist have it better than ATV riders and that it is unfair. I'm happy giving the CCC my money to keep trails open.

As for branches smacking you in the face, are you that dense to realize foliage grows faster that can be trimmed in the summer? I take tree limbs to the head and neck at way faster speeds than you do on your ATV. I think you have a run in your pantyhose, Alice.

ZOMG!!!

CCC Conspiracy to smack ATV riders with branches!!!1!1!!ololololz

Like I said, if there are so many ATV users out there that are feeling neglected, organize and work with the DNR as a large user group. Cyclists, snowmobilers (OMG!!!! They won't let us on their trails in teh summartime!!1!!) and hunters have all joined together in their respective groups to get what they want from the state.

Sounds to me like you're missing the entire point of organizing and working with the DNR as a large user group.
ScOoTeR is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05537 seconds with 11 queries