Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Rock Crawler Buggy Project- 60's, 205, 4 links, 18" coilovers...
View Single Post
Old July 28th, 2009, 05:24 PM   #1
nosights

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default Rock Crawler Buggy Project- 60's, 205, 4 links, 18" coilovers...

I hate to sell this project and this may come to a shock to some but I am selling my labor of love! As some of you know, my wife and I have decided to adopt a 12 year old Russian boy and this is extremely expensive and I need the money more than the toy.

Chassis is nearly complete with steering, floor, and brakes... to do (among a few other minor fab items). Mechanically it needs a trans rebuild, front axle regear and locker of choice, front drive shaft lengthen and rear drive shaft shorten (already HD 1410 unit).

Specs at this point-
Full tube chassis- DOM and EREW (except for about 5' of factory '83 Dodge frame with title).
Engine- '01 Dodge Magnum 360. Complete with harness, computer and all accessories. New headers (manifolds included).
Trans- '87 727 with need of rebuild.
T-Case- NP205
Rear Drive shaft- 1/4 wall DOM with 1410's (all new) about 1/2" to long.
Front shaft needs to be lengthened.
Rear axle- Dana 60 with new 4.88 gears, bearings, spool and 35 spline Mooser axles. Disc brake conversion 90% completed)
Front axle- Dana 60 with factory 4.10 gears...Kingpin and 100% complete.
Suspension is super beefed with FK rod ends (1" lower Heims and 3/4" uppers). Double triangulated 4 link front and rear with HUGE flex.
18" Sway-A-Way (RaceRunner) dual rate coilovers on each corner (complete with springs, although buyer may want to switch out coils for rate they desire).
Seats are leather from '03 Town and Country second row.
I was planning full hydro steering (orbit valve included) but have gearboxes if that is how you want to go.
Huge aluminum radiator with dual electric fans (rear mount).
Aluminum fuel cell.
High Pressure fuel pump and regulator...
Needs tires and wheels but has rollers.

This is not the first crawler I have built but it is the best laid out and thought out one I have done to date! High clearance belly (99% flat), great articulation, superb strength, fuel injection motor. ~112" WB. 90 degree approach and departure angles...winch mount...

I HATE to see it go but I don't have the time or $ to finish right now. I would be more than willing to finish to your specs for very reasonable. High quality work and I have the tools with a well equiped fab shop.

A steal at $4,000.

I will entertain parting out but the best deal is as a whole...shocks are $400+ each without springs, rod ends are $80+ each plus tube inserts...You can see I was building with top quality components...my loss is your gain.

Dan @ dan@vannette.com

Last edited by nosights; February 3rd, 2012 at 01:40 PM.
nosights is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.08988 seconds with 20 queries