Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - School me on 5.4
View Single Post
Old July 21st, 2009, 05:27 PM   #7
Yota Bill

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never_Evil View Post
why do people insisnt on giving bad advice??? USE ONLY THE OIL THE TRUCK CALLS FOR. The info is on the sticker on the left side on the radiator support and it says use ONLY 5w20. Don't be a TOOL and use anything else or you will starve your bearings and crap out the engines. If you are going to do something, do it correctly or why waste your time fixing something preventable?

I dont see anyone telling him to use anything else, just people stating their experience...which practical experience shows that just using a different grade of oil does not guarantee death to the engine. I can show you a fleet of30-40 trucks with the 5.4, most of which have had 15-40 their entire life, and the fleet has had very few engine failures, while all of the trucks are ran for 200-300k miles of hard use (abuse), overloaded, lots of start up/shutdown...either way, its his choice what he wants to run for oil, so why would you take it so seriously...oh, I must have forgotten how serious the business of teh internetz is...
Yota Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04623 seconds with 20 queries