Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Michelangelo 2nd gen Explorer SAS
View Single Post
Old June 20th, 2009, 05:20 AM   #34
trogdor the burninator
Insert Comment Here.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to trogdor the burninator Send a message via MSN to trogdor the burninator

i said screw it, and decided not to do this anymore...

kidding, im just having issues with what to run in front. i was suggested coilovers and 3 link because air shocks will fail. if anyone is running that, id really like some feedback on how you like it.
im pretty sold on a rear shock tower that will stick up approximately 14.94" into the body at a 32 degree angle allowing exactly 24" from the axle mount to the body when fully extended, and at full compression should leave 2.99" of clearance...obviously wont EVER flex all that out, so ill throw in a couple bump stops to keep from mangling the sheetmetal. as for a limiting strap, i have come up with a design using a 1 ton ATV winch inside the cargo area between the shock hoops, and fuel cell, the plan is to weld a 1/4" plate to the body itself as re enforcement with a _V_ shaped mount tying into the cage, with a small non roller type fair lead mounted into the floor.
as for pictures of me working, just imagine me staring at my explorer with a measuring tape, protractor, square and laptop marking off lines and plugging them into the computer. its boring as hell.

Just another disgruntled OIF vet.
trogdor the burninator is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06003 seconds with 20 queries