Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Should we really care about homeless adults?
View Single Post
Old June 28th, 2006, 10:13 PM   #36
Toivo
Feel lucky?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

If I take my hard earned dollars, (and there aren't that many of them), and put them into the hands of someone who drives a nicer car then me, then what have I accomplished? Nothing, other than the fact that I just ensured the fact that the person sitting there begging has a solid future doing so, and making a good living at it. If we continue to hand out money to these kinds of people, we are not solving the problem, we are instigating it. Hell, I know if I sat down on my dead ass, looking miserable, but am not any differnt than I am right now, and people started giving me money, I'd do nothig other than buy beer, car parts, toys, and useless shit. Why? Cuz' it's essentailly free! Hell yeah! Free money, who can't dig that? I'm not saying there aren't people out there who couldn't use it, I KNOW there are, but if you are poor in America, land of free government money anywhere you look, it's because you choose to be. (I'm not in anyway touching the subjuct of poor/homeless children or mothers here, just adults)
Toivo is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04708 seconds with 20 queries