Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Should we really care about homeless adults?
View Single Post
Old June 28th, 2006, 10:34 PM   #32
jamiesann

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmujeeper
He might give away more then you make in one year. Just because your jelous of his CJ8, vette and nice home doesn't give you the right to condem him for doing the right thing. And him knowing the bible is all the better.

My wife lives in Chicago and you wouldn't not belive that amount of homless people there. Most are just crazy and there are a few with dissabilities. What I don't understand about homeless people is why they choose to live in cold climate areas. If I had all that time on my hands I would start walking south since I know that there is a winter every single year. Spending my winter in FL or a warm climate would be much nicer then freezin my ass off in MI.

I came out of pizza populas(sp) once and gave half a pizza to a homless guy and you would have thought it was christmas. I try to give them food everytime we leave a resturante in the city. I don't think they should be given money since I feel that most of them drink it away but helping is always a good thing.

i can agree with you the warm weather thing i often wondered that since i was 5 and knew what bums were. I knew johnny apple seed walked all over and asked why bums dont walk to forida or texas. I would be a bum with a lil camp and fruit garden in the woods living like the dirtiest hippie in th world.

I think they really are so lazy they dont even think more than a day in advance. Even if you just walked 3 miles per day you would make it to warm weather in less than a year. They call 'em bums for a reason. Again its the homeless kids that break my heart.

The shelters should have birth control pills ground up in the food for the women .... seriously breaks my heart to see some crazy lady thinking she is gonna raise a kid in a shelter or abandoned car etc

Lastly on a class trip in 8th grade my middle school always goes to washington dc for 3-4 days. On the steps of the capital building was a old WWII vetern in coveralls with a sign. He was an old black guy looking like fred sanford. Anyways he had so much donations he had a welcome mat to hold all the money down (bills tucked under the sides) and a pile of change that had to be a couple hundred bucks.

I dont know how he could keep begging with all that money there (i mean how do you convince people to give you change when you already have upwards of $400???). One of the guards told me the old vetern had a late model mercedes benz. Shame and guilt are very powerful i guess. I didnt feel bad for him he was old and could walk and sit up and was easily making $400-$500 per day sitting there.

Last edited by jamiesann; June 28th, 2006 at 10:42 PM.
jamiesann is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07306 seconds with 20 queries