Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - 1% prez........"the jiggler"
View Single Post
Old June 18th, 2009, 09:33 AM   #163
liv2mx
i like jungle gym's.

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95geo View Post
he shouldnt have blown any joints out unless they got loose and did nothing about it, got a bad batch or something is binding up. on the flip side, if there is not much vertical seperation at the axle end then the forces going into the links can be a lot higher, not sure if that could be something or not? I havent seen a heim joint last longer than any generic "flex joint" and the same goes for the opposite. the both last a long time when used and maintained properly.

you dont need bypasses, it's just $500 per corner and more crap to try and package. remote reservoir 2.5's will be all you need. add in the air bumps and you can do everything.

nice excuse if I thought you could hear some t-case gear noise over the rest of your jeep I might believe you.
johnnyj and koz both said when we built his the rear upper joints will fail..they were 100% correct.they are just too small. all of his have failed. he has tightened them alot.he takes good care of his jeep so i dont think it is from lack of effort. heims seem to take the weather better then joints.i have johnny joints in my front lowers.no issues for 2 years. but i have heims in my upper and all my steering, they are also in good shape.
liv2mx is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.08511 seconds with 20 queries