Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - P.O.S. Catholic priest
View Single Post
Old June 28th, 2006, 12:56 PM   #1
Just a Spouse
Motrcytman's spouse

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default P.O.S. Catholic priest

Priest confesses
From CNN - in part:

During the film, O'Grady details how he preyed on children, how the Diocese of Stockton, California, knew about the abuse, and how O'Grady claims church officials allowed him to abuse children for two decades by moving him from parish to parish instead of removing him from ministry.

"I want to promise myself this is going to be the most honest confession of my life," O'Grady said in the film. "And in doing that, I need to make a long journey back, understanding what I did and to acknowledge that. And in some ways make reparations for that."

The filming of O'Grady takes place in Dublin, Ireland, where he is now a free man after serving seven years in prison. The former priest was deported to his native Ireland after his release.

Prayers by day, rape by night
"He was in here saying morning prayers, during the nighttime he's molesting my daughter," a tearful Bob Jyono said in the film. "Raping her," he continues, "not molesting her -- raping her. At 5 years old. How can that happen? That's just what he did."

Records show church officials knew about O'Grady's alleged molestation as far back as 1976. Church officials did not tell police about prior abuse when O'Grady was being investigated for abuse in 1984.

There isn't even a 'smilie' that is bad enough to depict this kind of thing
Just a Spouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06248 seconds with 20 queries