Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - show off your bike and any farkles that you've added
View Single Post
Old June 10th, 2009, 05:11 PM   #1
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default show off your bike and any farkles that you've added

Here's mine: 1982 Honda CM250

. It basically wants to cruise around 55-60. I'm completely ok with that. I don't want to do 80 MPH on the highway, I just don't think that would be fun.

I've got mine set up on a budget. I bought some Weaver nylon saddle bags for a farm supplement store. I acquired a sissy bar from ebay on the cheap (25$) So now I can attach a mid-size backpack to it. I can also lean my big backpacking pack + sleeping pad up against it too.

I just "made" a homemade tank bag out of one of my wife's old purses. It's just a nyon bag that I sewed a welding magnet into.

I've got my RAM mount for my street pilot that works really great, I do kind of worry that it gets shaken a little too much, can anyone calm my worries? I also added a 12V outlet to charge it.

( When I got the bike it had two mismatched mirrors, I found a pair of like new Harley mirrors on craigslist for 10$, the stems are too small for the metric hole, so I just got some fasteners from the hardware store to mount them)

Edit: 6/30/09

I made a new farkle for the bike. This was a video camera bag that I bought from a yard sale for $0.50. I cut off what wasn’t needed and sewed on some patches. I used some nylon webbing and buckles to attach them to the forks. It will make a good bag for stuff on this super touring 250 ;)

Last edited by mikesova; June 30th, 2009 at 07:04 PM.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04941 seconds with 20 queries