View Single Post
Old May 21st, 2009, 01:34 PM   #85
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
please provide further details.
I grew up Catholic, but never connected to it, it was a family obligation and not a personal faith. I was confirmed in 8th grade, but did it mean anything? I thought it was sacred somehow, but it was routine, pre-packaged, impersonal, and void of actual relationship with Jesus. I did not know him. So when my Mom no longer enforced waking up early on Sunday to do the sit kneel stand thing, I quickly took advantage of it and weaseled out. I never missed it.

As a young child I used to get scared of storms after a bad summer with a tornado in it, so my prayer life consisted of the once a year "please don't let us get killed in a tornado" prayer. I grew up in Detroit and was broken into twice, so it was also the occasional "God if you are out there, please keep us alive and not dead because of theives" prayer.

As a late teen I heard the gospel message for the first time and felt a very close connection to Christ, and was encouraged to invite him into my life for the forgiveness of my sins. One night after church I sat on the stairs to the basement by myself and prayed and asked Jesus to forgive me and to become a part of my life. He did both. I have not turned back since.
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04321 seconds with 11 queries