Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - F-350 Tow/hauler
View Single Post
Old June 21st, 2006, 07:11 AM   #1
comanche38

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default F-350 Tow/hauler

Hey guys, I wanted to share what we use for a tow rig. My brother-in-law and I have been building jeeps/trucks for a long time and as our vehicles kept getting more built, they were less fun to drive on the road, even if it was just to and from offroading spots. I purchased a 18'-0" Carhauler, but this one only for one Jeep. SO, I had an opportunity at my work not too long ago to purchase a couple of trucks. One was a 1999 Ford F-250 Superduty that we cleaned up and sold, and I made some good money off of. The other was a 1995 Ford F-350 Powerstroke Diesel Dually cab chassis with an aluminum service bed on it with a brand new auto trans and only 130,000miles on the odo. We took the bed off, scrapped it for $350 and put a 12'-8" Steel/wood flatbed on it. This way the truck carries a Jeep Cherokee on the flatbed and then we tow my comanche behind it on a carhauler trailer. We made ramps that work to get the jeeps up on the trailer then also take the jeep up onto the truck. We went on our first outing 6-10 to mounds. IT DID AWESOME!! We had 3 guys in the truck, 2 jeeps and one fuel bill!! It had plenty of power and a great ride. Let me know what you think. :dunie:
comanche38 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06736 seconds with 20 queries