Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - "Dirthead 509" TJ Project
View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2009, 12:03 PM   #137
feva4u's Avatar
Join Date: 04-01-07
Location: Caledonia, MI
Posts: 10,671
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)

I cut the material for my front control arms friday night. I notched and welded those together saturday morning. The rest of the day saturday was spent pulling the drivetrain out of my cherokee. Sold the engine and t-case so that had to come out. Sunday I sent the cherokee engine on it's way. Then I painted and assembled my front arms. I pulled my rear arms(that were used to mock the front in) and replaced with the front arms. I had to pull the axle 1" toward the body for the steering to clear the pitman arm. It's at a WB of 103" right now best I can tell. I made my front axle side spring perches sunday as well but I'm not really happy with them. I used 2 pieces of 1/4x3x3 angle iron, welded them together then put a piece of 3/16x1x1 angle iron under the perches across the center of the 2 others to keep the 2 pieces from folding up. Structurally I don't see a problem, cosmeticly, yuck . I also cut and tacked up my track bar but I need to get the spring perches in place so I can design/make my axle side track bar bracket. Hoping to make more progress next weekend. I might be on unemployment in a week due to the Chrylser situation so we'll see how things go. Only pic I snapped from this weekend. Not much to show for the amount of work.
My Jeep
feva4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Page generated in 0.14824 seconds with 22 queries