Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Money Pit- Version 4.0 new stuff 1/10
View Single Post
Old April 21st, 2009, 09:20 AM   #48
MidMichxj
Wrenchin for a livin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I decided to try to solve the problem I had with the transmission upshifting from 1st to 2nd by itself because of the design.
A shifter to electrically control the transmission action is available from Radesigns. I picked one of these up and installed it in the console. The guy at Rdesigns is great to work with.

Connected the wiring at the Transmission Control Module to keep all the connections inside.

That pic shows the module with the connector unplugged.
Made a plate to go where the e-brake handle was and mounted the shifter and the 2 switches that enable me to switch between manual control and computer control with a switch for manual control of the Torque Converter Clutch circuit.

If I had to do it again, I would not go through the effort of wiring it for both ways for a rig that is 99% trail driven.
You still have to use the stock shifter for reverse, park, neutral and shift it into drive for forward speeds. This will help the hill climbing capabilities a lot.
MidMichxj is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05994 seconds with 20 queries