Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - "Dirthead 509" TJ Project
View Single Post
Old April 16th, 2009, 06:01 PM   #134
feva4u
LCG

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mclovin View Post
should i post pics of my copperhead beadlocks ?? i will give him props on hi customer service though.. i called him after i received my 1st batch. and told him how fucked up they were.. looked like a pissed off 4 yr old cut them out with a hacksaw.. Edges were all Slag holes had been drilled to clear the slag like yours and none lined up.. i got 2 or 3 different sizes.. ( i realize outers are a little bigger) so i called him and said i cant use this crap.. and i have a trip planning where i need these next weekend.. he was on the phone calling me the next day to verify everything with me as they reprogrammed their machine and cut me out another batch which were at my door 2 days later..
That's cool that they hooked you up. I hardly doubt I'm the first person to buy thier fuel cell ring though. I don't think it's a matter of positioning, it's a matter of quality, well specifically the lack there of. When I purchase a product from a company, I just want to install it and go. Since the sides of this ring don't fit together, I can't install it therefore the manufacturer didn't fulfill thier obligation IMO. If I wanted to do all that work to design it, I'd quote it and have it made local instead This isn't a set of DIY fenders, it's a fuel cell ring that slides together inside a hole and traps the fuel sender unit to fuel cell. It shouldn't be grind to fit . To top it all off, it was $19 in shipping and "handling" to get this thing to my house. It'd be $4 to ship with USPS. $15 handling fee? I will not buy another product from Copperhead Fab. shotty quality, $19 shipping and handling for a $55.20 item that fits in an envelope. That's just my opinion based on my experience.

Page generated in 0.06772 seconds with 20 queries