Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Just Empty Every Pocket - The Project - IT LIVES!!
View Single Post
Old April 12th, 2009, 11:50 AM   #30
jbsjunk
Wheelies

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Did more in the last few weeks and refined more stuff.

The TV cable and brackets for the 700R4.

Reworked the power steering pump mounting and built new brackets for it. Got it closer to the crank and not hanging in the breeze so much. The pump pulley was close, but modded it to get it where it needed to be.

Modded a stock plug wire hanger to keep the wires off the steering shaft.

Like the S-10 washer bottle w/pump? Fits like it belongs there.

Made air baffles for the radiator so any air that goes thru the grille makes it to the rad instead of blowing around.

Got the wiring sorted out. Got a small fuse block for the fan and starter relays which are to the left. It came stock with a starter relay so I refined it a bit.

See the corded underhood light by the blower motor? Came from a 'burban and works well. The light is magnetic and sticks anywhere and wind it up when you're done with it.

Didn't really like how the alternator was mounted, so I reworked that and changed the alt to a newer higher amp model. Got a turnbuckle for the alt adjuster along with jamb nuts to keep everything tight.

Need to get the dash back together, pulled the cluster to swap out some bad bulbs and to wire up a couple switches for the cooling fan and back up lights since they were ran off the trans originally.

My only major dollar things left are driveshafts and exhaust.

Maybe I'll be able to drive it someday in the future.............
jbsjunk is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07132 seconds with 20 queries