Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - "Dirthead 509" TJ Project
View Single Post
Old March 31st, 2009, 05:53 PM   #124
feva4u
LCG

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Just got my fuel cell adapter ring from Copperhead fab. I'll call them in the morning and ask for a refund. It's like JP fab changed thier name Pics to follow.
Ok where do I start. No bolts, gasket, ect(not advertised on thier site, my bad and not really that big of deal)
Sides don't physically fit together. Having built most everything myself thus far I'm not at all impressed with buying a product that is supposed to be finished and then having to grind to get it to fit together.

Here you can see that they torched over the part that is supposed to fit together inside the tank. I even flipped it over and the 2 pieces don't fit together.

Here you can see where they ran a drill through because the plasma blowout on the back side is so severe.

Being a manufacturing engineer that specializes in machining...... less than impressed is an understatement. Factor thier $10 "handling" charge that they add into thier shipping and I can say that I won't ever be buying any item from them again. They flat out shipped a product where the pieces don't fit together. It takes about 30 seconds from a quality control standpoint to check fitment prior to packaging the final product into a box and they failed to do that. Very dissapointed indeed

Last edited by feva4u; March 31st, 2009 at 07:26 PM.
feva4u is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06138 seconds with 20 queries