View Single Post
Old March 29th, 2009, 05:08 PM   #15
itchy

Hey, thanks for the compliments guys.
Ya that is a DJ/a.ka. the mail jeep grill.
Oh and you guys are not molesting my t/case before I get too. In the process of winning and dinnig it before I make the move, so you'll have to get in line
I forgot you even had the aftermath pics Beaner. Its kinda weird, but I only have a few digital pics of the CJ. A few years ago I was a die hard film guy, now look. Everything is stored in photobucket.

Anyhow, got a little bit done Saturday, not much today though.
Cut off the front section of the frame and got the new rails in place. Need to finish welding them, and making the fish plates. Man I'm not looking foward to amking all those plates. Its funny how the little things, like lifting the winch on to the front of the frame is a major pain right now. My back is still killin me.
But just gonna poke along and get done what I can.

I hope to have all this welded up, and get the power-train back in to make the mounts and t/case crossmember. As soon as thats done I get to use these. I hope there is enough in my checking acct. to cover my mortgage this month, cause these damn things arent cheap.

These are the Ballistic Joints with the 1 1/4" shank. I was hoping to use these for all the links, but they look a little smaller on a computer screen. Has anyone ever used this big of a joint for an upper link on a CJ frame? I took a few measurements before I cut the old frame off, It looks like they'll fit, but its gonna be damn close. I think I'll have to use a different set of headers.
itchy is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06225 seconds with 11 queries