Alright got some more pics loaded (me to)!!!
After a three week fit of rage looking for and buying wheels, I ended up with a set of H1's from Mad Mac form Pirate 4x4http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=752726 just had to pick them up and get some paint on them. easier said then done.
I know everyone has probably seen every tech thread about H1 beadlocks, but this was my first time working with these. And to be honest, there really isnt anything out there about the damn rim locks. What a PITA. I ended up using the PVC rim locks instead of cutting down the mag run flats.
This seemed to be the best way. I put a bottle jack inside the rim lock and jacked it up till it was egg shaped. wiped a generous amout of tire lube AKA, Ajax dish soap. And that little fu@ker popped right in there. This was after I fought with it for what seemed like an eternety without the jack
Wrestled with it for a little more and poof. Its in. I know, WOW this is some serious tech eh?
Lube up your o-ring and make sure its not twisted. Since it seems like there is never anyone around when you need a hand, an old drywall bucket works good to place the back half of the rim and tire on.
Center everything up, and your ready for the outer rim.
This is the part that kinda scared me a first. There is a big gap between the two rim halfs. But everything comes together nice if you follow the torque sequence. The 8 bolts are torqued to 55 ft lbs. , then final torque is set at 65. But I still had a significant gap, so I went to 75 ft lbs. and was right at the gap specs.
Well thats my tire tech.
Ya I know, I shouldnt quit my day job. I dont write about em, I just break em'
Couple more pics.
This is where is sets as of right now. As soon as my back is feeling a little better I'm gonna grab me a case of Coors and get back to work. Hopefully buy the week end I will have the front frame cut off, and the 2x3 box welded in so I can get the power train mocked up.