Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Silver Lake, July 21-23
View Single Post
Old June 13th, 2006, 11:50 AM   #9
gotsand?
sie sehen mich rollin ...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to gotsand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry1me
Hey I was wanting to plan a trip to Silver lake with the CJ, and I was wondering what the regulations are for your vehicles? Like seatbelts, rollcages, exhaust systems...
seatbelts required for all in the vehicle. if you just have the factory roll bar, then driver and passenger are fine, and any back seat riders need helmets, if you have a full roll bar (i.e. 6-point) then no one needs helmets. you will have to get a orv sticker $16.25 I think? and a state park sticker, either daily $3 per day? or something like 24 for annual. once you buy the stickers, they are good for the whole year and do not have to be repurchased.
you will also need a dune flag, they are like 30 or 40 at the local shops.
exhaust: supposedly there is a new reg that your vehicle cannot be louder than 94db at a certain distance (dont know the distance) but if your not being stupid and really getting on it on the way in, they prolly wont even check you
and run your tire pressure low, like 5-8 psi, to many people get stuck cuz they think 20psi is low.
gotsand? is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06253 seconds with 20 queries